The Directors of the Heathland Whitefriars Federation seek a committed and inspirational professional with outstanding leaderships skills who will build on the current successes at Whitefriars School.
Whitefriars School is a fully integrated 3 to 18 all-through school. In May 2018 our school was judged by OFSTED to be outstanding. In September 2021 we opened our Sixth Form. We ensure that all of our pupils feel they belong. We explicitly teach our pupils to live by positive shared Values and to hold these deep in their hearts. We are a UNICEF Rights Respecting Gold accredited school. Our Values and ethos help create a wonderful learning environment for our pupils.
At Whitefriars the growth mind-set underpins everything we do. We believe in the limitless capacity for everyone to achieve great things. We believe that what we become and what we achieve comes from great teaching and fantastic pastoral support. We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who shares this mindset and who is passionate and motivated by these beliefs.
The Headteacher will:
- Have a clear vision and the commitment to ensure that every pupil achieves their fullest potential and attains the best possible outcomes.
- Be an inclusive leader with a strong sense of moral purpose, ethical principles and values
- Be committed to promoting exceptional opportunities for every student whatever their background and who believes in celebrating diversity.
- Have proven extensive leaderships skills to challenge, inspire and drive improvements for staff and pupils.
- Be committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all our pupils, ensuring a caring and nurturing environment where everyone can learn and flourish.
- Have great communications skills that allow you to build and sustain strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Take lead of the financial management and strategic planning of the school.
In return we will offer you a school with positive, motivated staff who provide a learning environment where expectations are high, values are positive and children are treasured. You will be leading a school with new state-of-the art buildings, a wide range of facilities and resources to support the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning.
Working as Headteacher at Whitefriars School you will also have the opportunity to be part of a strong Federation Senior Leadership Team. Whitefriars is a part of the Heathland Whitefriars Federation, a small MAT consisting of two schools, Whitefriars and Heathland School. The two schools have a number of shared support staff and work together on key policies, pedagogy and school development priorities. As the leader of Whitefriars School you will work closely with the Headteacher of Heathland School and our Board of Directors who will ensure you are fully supported in your role.
The Heathland Whitefriars Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure Barring Service check.
Please click here to download the role profile and person specification.
Please complete the online application form
An equal opportunities employer.
Leadership Pay Scale : L34 -38
Closing date: 11th December 2022
Interviews commencing 9th January 2023
Start date: Summer Term 2023 (April)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact Miss Angela Bowd by email email@example.com or phone on 020 8427 2080
We reserve the right to shortlist, interview and appoint prior to the closing date and so early applications are encouraged.